Here's a student using one of our MaxScholar programs: MaxPhonics
The basics: Orton Gillingham Method.
A program designed for pre-Kindergarten students to provide an essential foundation for learning to read.Excellent for use with children, ages 3 to 5, to teach the letters of the English alphabet, the sounds, the way they are written, and how to blend the sounds into words. After completing this program, each student should be Kindergarten-ready.
A multi-sensory approach to teaching phonics, the foundation for reading. It is based on the Orton-Gillingham approach, but is on-line, easily learned, and very effective for children ages 5 to 7, or others who need this type of intervention.
• Based on the Orton Gillingham method for improving reading skills, which has been proven successful for over 70 years through research and implementation in classrooms across the United States.
• Multisensory approach that accesses all avenues to the brain.
• Creates new neural pathways in the brain, which establishes permanent retention of the knowledge.
• Divided into “worlds,” which allows students to focus either on individual letters, blends or digraphs.
• Provides practice for handwriting, an essential part of reading.
• Videos that demonstrate the correct pronunciation of letters, blends and digraphs.
• Drill and practice to help the students build important skills.
• Fun games to reinforce what they have learned.